Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Consumed. Overwhelmed. Pant.

"As the deer pants for the water, so my soul longs after You. You alone are my heart's desire and I long to worship you!"

In Sunday School we are on a study titled "The Door to Liberation". We have homework this week to read Psalm 1:1-3 & Psalm 119. As I began to read 119 this morning, I couldn't help but stop at verse 20 & reflect.


Psalm 42:1-2 was read on Sunday: "As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?” (‭‬ESV)


(Taken from my notes on Sunday...)



"Do we pant after God as the deer pants for water? (Psalm 42:1-2) The term addiction is usually thought of in a negative light, but it can be good if we are addicted to God. "

Psalm 119:20 says:


(NLT) "I am always overwhelmed with a desire for your regulations."

(ESV) "My soul is consumed with longing for your rules at all times."
(NIV) "My soul is consumed with longing for your laws at all times."
(KJV) "My soul breaketh for the longing that it hath unto thy judgments at all times."

Are our souls overwhelmed or consumed with/for Him? Something to stop & consider.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a blessing to me this morning. As our study in SS in on prayer and how God answers when we seek Him and are consumed with Him that is when He answers. I have several scriptures I want to share with you. Love you. Mom

    (I read your entire thoughts on my email. For some reason when I came to your blog some are not showing. It might be my computer.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I noticed this too. I'm working on it. I was on my phone this morning and it goofed up somehow. But now I'm having trouble getting it to fix up right from the computer. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged! Let's try to use this space a place to encourage each other and lift each other up. God bless!