Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Gospel.

I got my Child Training Bible kit all finished and put together. Today I decided to start reading it, starting with the Gospel. It is broken up into four categories:

  1. God
  2. Man
  3. Jesus
  4. What Now?
Today, I just focused on #1. Here are the scriptures I read:
  • Gen.1:1
  • 1 Sam. 2:2
  • Psalm 24:1-2
  • Matthew 4:48
  • James 2:10
Reflections:

God created and owns everything. 
God is perfectly holy.
God requires perfect obedience to His Law.
(This is all from the CTB by Mindy Dunn.)

I think the scripture that stuck out the most to me was James 2:8-13. (I like to read a little more than what is suggested to get a better idea of what is being said.) I am reading from the NLT Bible. I like it because it is broken down into every day english and is easier to understand.

Verse 10-11 says, "And the person who keeps all of the laws except one is as guilty as the person who as broken all of God's laws. (11) For the same God who said, "Do not commit adultery," also said, "Do not murder." So if you murder someone, you have broken the entire law, even if you do not commit adultery."

I understand what the scripture is saying, but it just hit me differently today. You can't commit one sin and think you are still more righteous than one who commits more than one sin. No matter what we say or do, we'll be judged by the law of love, the same law that made us free. (vs. 12)

I hope to share more of this as I go along. Today, I've been a little distracted with a sick baby. I'm so thankful for answered prayers since her fever has dropped down some. 

Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged! Let's try to use this space a place to encourage each other and lift each other up. God bless!