Thursday, April 19, 2012

Trusting God with our Fears.

How do you deal with any fears you might have in your life right now? Do you take them to the Lord in prayer? Do you read and trust in His Word to take care of you and to sustain you?

Job 39:11 asks us, "Wilt thou trust Him, b/c His strength is great, or wilt thou leave they labour to Him?" (KJV)

Psalms 27:1 says, "The Lord is my light and my salvation; of whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?"

David goes on, in that Psalms, and talks about his enemies coming up against him to tare him apart. They encamp around him, trying to trap him, but he isn't afraid. He is confident b/c he put His trust in the Lord! Do you put your trust in the Lord when things go wrong in your life? Do you feel confident that He will hide you under His wing, or set you up on a rock, taking care of all of your fears and all of your tomorrows? Are you willing to wait on the Lord to give you what you stand in need of, and trust that His ways are better than your ways?

Just remember, God doesn't give us the spirit of fear. Fear doesn't belong to Him, it belongs to satan. God gives us the power, He gives us love, & He gives us a sound mind! (2 Timothy 2:7)

Some of my fears and uncertainties lye with thoughts about my coming baby. I've heard the horror stories of delivery. I've heard how painful labour is. I've heard this and I've heard that. I've had to deal with crazy hormones that sometimes are overwhelming. I've had people disagree with with what our doctor thinks is best for our child. I've been afraid of offending others b/c of a decision we had to make. I have questioned, "can I do this?" And yes I can!! I can b/c I put my faith and trust in God. This is my first delivery. I've never been through this before. My mind would love to be crowded with fear and uncertainties, but I have been working really hard at giving them all over to God and trusting in Him!
I want to know what it feels like. I want to experience all the firsts that every other mother has experienced as a first time Mom.

As each of us face any fears, doubts, or uncertainties, let us remember one thing: God will be there with us no matter what the outcome! We can get through the hard times with His help & come out on the other side of them victorious! Trust Him. Rest in Him. Be confident that with His help, you can be victorious while you're fears are crushed under your feet.

Blessing to you this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged! Let's try to use this space a place to encourage each other and lift each other up. God bless!