Friday, April 27, 2012

Mark 4:39

"And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, 'Peace, be still.' And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm."

What does this verse mean to you today?

For me, as I still await the birth of my little one, I was reminded of these things:

1. Remember to breathe.
2. Remember to pray (most importantly).
3. God will not put more on me than I can bare.

I have actually felt very calm this week. My little girl was due to arrive on the 24th, but as we all know, they don't always come when they are "suppose" to. I had a crazy, stressful week last week. And this week I feel so calm. My sister even said to me, "Wow, you are so zen about all of this." And it's true, I am. I can only thank God for that! :) I can't worry about what others think I should be doing, or worry about the coming pain, etc. I just have to trust God to look over me and trust that He will supply my every need.

My mind even went to my favorite verses from Proverbs 3:5-6 after reading the above scripture.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto thine own understandings. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."

"Peace, be still...and there was great calm." Trust Him. Breathe. Pray. And remember: God never puts more on us than we can handle.

Blessed weekend to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged! Let's try to use this space a place to encourage each other and lift each other up. God bless!