Saturday, October 3, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to our new site set up especially for our women's group at church.  This first post is an introduction of what I hope to accomplish here on this site.  First off, I hope it is a place where we can gather and fellowship and encourage one another.  This is not a site I plan to use for gossip or daily life updates, but a place to gather and learn from the Master, Jesus Christ.  A place where we can grow in Him and encourage each other to be better Christians.  It is my hope, as your women's group leader, that I can be a help and an encouragement in one way or another in your lives.  Grab a cup of tea (or coffee) and let's sit at the Master's Table!


I hope to have a scripture posted each week along with a thought, something we can meditate on, study on, & practice throughout the week and then come back here and leave comments that will hopefully leave us open for discussion.  If not weekly, bi-weekly.  Just like we would if we were meeting for a Bible Study at church. 

I can't take full credit for this idea.  My Mom & I actually discussed this some time agao, before I became the women's group leader.  She had mentioned it would be nice to have an online Bible Study or something along those lines so that those who have a hard time making it out to the church for a study, could have access here on the Internet.  I've thought off and on about what she said, and just over the past couple of months have really felt the burden to start this blog.  Just yesterday, I talked with her again about it and told her what I was thinking.  She seemed to think it was a good idea, and I hope you do too! 

I encourage each of you to partake in this blog by leaving your comments at the end of each post.  I have a book here at home, one I purchased at NQC, that I would like to start with.  It is called, "Everyday Angels".  I've been encouraged by what I've read so far and think you would be blessed by it too.

In closing I want to share a scripture that has been on my heart this morning.

Matthew 15:22-A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession." 23-Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us." 24-He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." 25-The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said. 26-He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs." 27-"Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table."  28-Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.  (NIV)

I guess my thoughts come from verse 27..."even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table."  As I was going through some pictures from a tea I had earlier this year, there was a picture of a table with several settings placed on it.  I couldn't help but think that if I only get the crumbs that fall from my Master's table, then it is enough.  Another thought that has come to mind is from Luke 14:23; "And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled." Are we willing to compel them to come in?  Are we willing to reach out to even one lost soul so that they may sit and eat at the Father's Table?

Come, let's sit at the Master's Table, drink a cup of tea, & eat, even if it is just the crumbs (of), what He has to offer us.

1 comment:

  1. I am excited about sharing devotions together and reading everyone's comments. I love taking a cup of tea to whereever my quiet corner is and hoping for NO interruptions. Jesus blessed that woman with more than crumbs. He treated her just like family. It's good to know that even though we don't deserve it we are invited to be a sibling right along with Jesus. If He, who knew no sin, could accept people so undeserving into His inner circle with God, the Father, how blessed we are!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged! Let's try to use this space a place to encourage each other and lift each other up. God bless!